Introducing Volume 1: Illawarra, NSW.
Share Plate features stories on people that are shaping the region's food culture. For the first edition of Share Plate, we hear from dozens of restauranteurs, chefs, cooks, small business owners, makers, artisans, writers, photographers, producers and farmers about what it’s like to eat and drink across the New South Wales south coast.
DIGEST – Restaurant, café and bar profiles
- Local As Possible: Caveau
- Coastal Comforts: The Blue Swimmer at Seahaven
- The White House: Rookie Eatery
- A Specialty Shift: Opus Coffee Brewers
- Night Owls: The Throsby & The Black Cockatoo
- Coffee Culture: A sample of local community café vibes from around the area
- Foraging Fair Food: Fair Food Forager – A social enterprise app finding dining outlets that ethically source their ingredients.
- Triple Distilled: Axel Vodka – An award winning Indigenous student turned microdistiller, who launched her own Vodka brand.
- The Evolution of Sandys: Sandygoodwich & Eat at Sandys – Yon and Emma, renowned for their ethical and sustainable food, have developed multiple cult outlets over the last decade.
- Citrus Paradise: Heartwood Farm – Creating a sustainable, biodynamic environment for native ingredients to flourish.
- Candid Conversation: Stef Posthuma – An independent cookbook publisher turned radio and podcast host.
- Food is Free (if you want it): Food is Free Illawarra – A community group shares food amongst the area, fuelled by social media.
- No Excuse for Single Use: Green Caffeen – Two stay-at-home dads on a mission to save 1,000,000 disposable coffee cups from landfill by 2019.
- Community Connections: Green Connect – A social enterprise community farm providing work for refugees and disadvantaged youths.
- Carry with Conscience: Nomadik Carriers – A mumpreneur's alternative to plastic, creating beautiful glass coffee tumblers.
- Luxury Paddock to Plate: Schottlander – An elderly German couple who turned their acreage into a biodynamic Wagyu farm.
- Foragers: A profile of the team that revitalised multiple markets through the Illawarra.
- Foxground: Wander five minutes from Gerringong to rolling hills that overlook the sea.
104 pages each. Written, photographed, designed and produced in regional Australia. Printed in Australia by Ligare Book Printers on Precision Offset, an Australian made FSC® Mix Eco-certified paper stock. Carbon neutral.
SHIPPING & HANDLING
Shipping is included in the price for domestic orders. Individual orders ship every Monday via Australia Post. International orders are shipped with a flat rate of $22AUD.